True Identity 1 —You Are A Spirit
Who Am I in Christ? What does the Bible say about our identity in Christ? Where do we get our identity from? Do we get it from the outside, the inside, or from what Father says about us? Most often we get our identity from what we do, what we possess, or what others say about us. The truth is that once we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savoir and Lord, our true identity is found by being “in Christ”.
Genesis 1:26-27; John 4:19-26; 1 Corinthians 2:7-14; 1-Peter 2:9
What does it mean that your truest identity is that you are spirit?
- You are made in the image and likeness of Father God – Gen. 1:26; John 4:24, “God is spirit” Hebrews 12:9 says He is “the Father of spirits.” The real you on the inside is a spirit!
- How does becoming spirit conscious as well as Spirit of God conscious change the way you see yourself and thus help you walk more like the Father?
* 1 Cor. 2:12 says, “we have received the Spirit who is from God” and 2 Cor. 3:17 says, “Now the Lord is the Spirit.”
* Isaiah 11:2 lists the various aspects of the Spirit that rested on Jesus. How do we also flow into the supply and ability of His Spirit to know what to do in any situation?
* The Spirit of the Lord makes the difference in our lives, not our intellect, wisdom, strength or might. Zech. 4:6.
- Why does living in the Spirit take the pressure off you?
* Jesus is your example of how to live your life. He got His identity from His Father and looked to His Father about how to think, talk, and act. Even though He was the son of God He relied totally on His Father saying, “the Son could do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do.” John 5:19.
* In Gal. 2:20 Paul understood that “….it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.” The choice is ours – to depend on the Spirit or the flesh in each situation.
Your true identity is that you are a spirit that is made to live forever eternally with your Father in heaven (John 3:30; John 17:17; 23)
(Study adapted from “Back to the Garden” Series by Rick and Sue Mc Coy)
CHRISTIAN HOUSE FELLOWSHIP
Ilorin – NIGERIA