THE PRICELESS KINGDOM, WORTH EVERYTHING ELSE:
we considered the kingdom of Heaven in relation to its EXPANDING attribute: from a very small mustard seed to a great tree and to the leaven which rises to the whole lump. Our goal is that the kingdom of heaven that is within us (…) may expand to take over our Spirit Soul and Body, and to provide a shade all the people (people in need) that will run to get shelter from its branches; remember Jesus is the vine and we are the branches. May we know the reality of abiding in Him till His Kingdom comes, in us, on earth as in the heavens!
Parables set 2:
Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the One Pearl of Great Price
Matthew 13:44. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Matt 13:45. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly peals:
Matt 13:46. Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
John 4:25-29; Matt 19:16-30; Luke 9:23-26; Luke 12:15; 32-35; Luke 17:20-21; 2 Cor. 4:7;
James 5:1-3; Philippians 3:8; 2 Timothy 4:10; Ephesians 1:15-18; 1 John 3:1; Isaiah 45:17-19.
What is the Hidden Treasure in the field? What is the one Pearl of great price? What do they refer to, in relation to this subject of the kingdom of heaven that Jesus is teaching on?
- Outline in detail the processes that led to the finding of the hidden treasure; and the finding of the one Goodly pearl? What does this tell us about seeking the kingdom of heaven?
- Do you think the man who found the hidden treasure and the merchant seeking goodly pearls anticipated finding one so costly, needing selling all you have to buy just one thing?
- Why do you think we are not as concerned about the value of the kingdom of heaven, as a PRICELESS GIFT requiring everything? What does this mean personally? (Heb. 11:17-18 )
- In both parables, the men sold ALL that they had, to buy the field and the one pearl of great price, respectively. Outline practically what you think it involve selling all for the kingdom?
Life Application (Personal Meditation and Further Reading)
- Decision time comes suddenly at times; sometimes decisions are made over time. One decision that will have to be made by us ALL – is to SELL ALL TO FOLLOW HIM. (ABRAHAM)
- Is my life showing an example of what the CROSS means? Isaiah 45:17-19; 55:6; Phil 3:8
Ilorin House Fellowship