Joshua 4 : 19 – 23. Joshua 5 : 2 and 8
vs 2: At that time,
the Lord said to Joshua, ‘make flint knives and circumcise the Israelites
vs 8: And after the whole nation had been circumcised, they remained where they were in the camp until they were healed.
Joshua 7:11. Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions.
Joshua 9:6-7. Joshua 10:6
I samuel 15:12; Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, ‘Saul has gone to camel. There he set up a monument in his own honour and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal’
The prophetic significance of Gilgal to the Promise is not in doubt. Gilgal was the first war camp for Israel in the promised land. It was from this holy war camp that the revelation and all strategies of war was granted them in their bid to wipe out the inhabitants of the land. The perfect church of God on earth must be our holy war camp- our Gilgal, it is by the power of revelation and war, from the church that the redeem man can take possession of his inheritance on earth.
– ‘…. Joshua 4 :19: on the tenth day of the first month the people went up from the Jordan and camped at Gilgal on the eastern border of Jericho’
From the Jordan unto gilgal. Discuss the tenth day significance before entering the land of promise.
– The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land… Joshua 5:12’
Gilgal shared the dual benefit of the bread of heaven and the fruit of the land. Discuss as this relate to the redeemed church on earth.
- ‘At that time, the Lord said to Joshua ‘make sharp knife and circumcise Israel again…’ – Joshua 5:2’
What does this repeated circumcision mean to God, for the camp?
- ‘So, the young men who had done the spying went in and brought out Rahab, her father and mother and brothers and all who belonged to her. They brought out her entire family and put them in a place outside the camp of Israel… Joshua 6:23’
Rehab was a friend of the camp. Why must she and her household be saved and yet kept outside of the camp?
– ‘He who is caught with the devoted thing shall be destroy by fire, along with all that belong to him… Joshua 7:15.’
How does the accursed thing defiled the covenant and the camp?
– ‘Now they went to Joshua in the camp at Gilgal and said to him, can you make a treaty with us? Joshua 9:6 (10:6)’
Making their enemies to be at peace with them….. Discuss
– And Joshua took this entire land…. Joshua 11:16
Yes! The entire possession of the Promise. What were the underline secret of his success?
Ilorin House Fellowship