Jesus Christ Revealed As The Promised Deliverer
* This study seeks to encourage us to better acquaint ourselves with our LORD JESUS, as He is revealed through the ENTIRE scriptures. This is to give a solid basis for our SALVATION AND CHRISTIAN LIFE, so we can confidently and steadfastly contend for the FAITH delivered unto us.
As we proceed in this study, we pray that our hearts are open to the Holy Spirit, to TEACH and REMIND us of our foundation in JESUS, the AUTHOR AND FINISHER of our faith (Hebrew 12:2). Amen.
Thoughts For The Individual Heart
i. At present, how do I define the relationship between Jesus and me?
ii. How much have I grown in my knowledge of Jesus, since I believe on Him?
iii. Why should I want to know more about Jesus?
Part 1: JESUS REVEALED AS THE PROMISED DELIVERER
Genesis 3:15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel.
Man was created in the image of God to have continuous fellowship with God (Genesis. 1:26) and to exercise full dominion over the earth. However, man fell to the place of Death and Loss of Authority, through disobedience to God’s express command not to eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and thus became estranged from God (Genesis 2:16-17; 3:6-7).
However, our righteous and loving God revealed His plan for the redemption of man IMMEDIATELY after the fall of man. It was a wonderful PLAN that would take thousands of years to unfold-towards the FULL restoration of the fallen man THROUGH THE LORD JESUS.
PROPHECIES ABOUT THE COMING OF CHRIST (Abridged:)
|10 Prophecies Fulfilled (CONCERNING THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST)|
|Prophecies About Jesus||Old Testament Scripture||New Testament Fulfillment|
|1.||Messiah would be born of a woman||Genesis 3:15||Matthew 1:20; Galatians 4:4|
|2.||Messiah would be born in Bethlehem||Micah 5:2||Matthew 2:1, Luke 2:4-6|
|3.||Messiah would be born of a virgin.||Isaiah 7:14||Matthew 1:22-23, Luke 1:26-31|
|4.||Messiah would come from the line of Abraham.||Genesis 22:17-18||Matthew 1:1|
|5.||Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac||Genesis 21:12||Luke 3:34|
|6.||Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.||Numbers 24:17||Matthew 1:2|
|7.||Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah.||Genesis 49:10||Hebrews 7:14|
|8.||Messiah would be heir to King David’s throne.||Isaiah 9:6-7||Luke 1:30-33, Romans 1:3-4|
|9.||Messiah would be called “Immanuel”||Isaiah 7:14||Matthew 1:23|
|10.||Messiah’s throne will be anointed and eternal.||Psalm 45:6-7, Daniel 2:44||Luke 1:33, Hebrews 1:8-12|
Jesus’ birth, life, and death were foretold, predicted, and recorded hundreds of years before the historic night of His birth of the Virgin Mary in Bethlehem. Let us note that:
* The fulfillments of most of these prophecies were outside Jesus’ control – as will be seen soon in the exact fit between the many detailed and clear-cut Old Testament predictions and the New Testament fulfillments of his birth, death, burial, etc.
* These fulfilled prophecies were written and read centuries before in the Old Testament Scriptures, Jesus came, so they could not have been written afterwards when Jesus came.
* They could not have been co-incidents, as the possibility of one man fulfilling all these predictions exactly is IMPOSSIBLE by any standards.
Part 2: THE BIRTH OF JESUS
Galatians 4:4-5: But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
The account of the birth of Jesus can be read in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke as follows:
* Matthew 1:18-25; Matthew 2:1-12;
* Luke 1:26-38; Luke 2;1-20.
Further Reading: The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)
CHRISTIAN HOUSE FELLOWSHIP