I Samuel 16:15-23
The Lord God Himself would order the steps and the path of the anointed. He would position men in places and send men from places for the sake of the righteous. The fingers of God never cease to play on the activities of our fate. The young anointed David must be revealed. He must be separated from his root. The separation from his obscured root en-route to the royalty of the palace of the king of Israel began!
Discussion / Interaction.
- …an evil spirit from God troubleth thee, 1Sam 16 vs 15
Can any evil originate from God?
- …let our Lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp… I Samuel 16:16
God will always prepare the way ahead of us, using men for our sake. Discuss these in the context of David?
- I have seen the son of Jesse the bethlehemite, that is cunning, and a mighty valiant man, a man of war , and prudent in matters, and a comely person. I Samuel 16:18
Can we relate these quality of David to the silent years of preparation and the revelation by the anointing?
- And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid , and sent them by David his son unto Saul 1sam 16:20
Discuss the prophetic significance of the gift of Jesse to Saul on the release of his son, David?
- Let David come before me, for he hath found favour in my sight. I Samuel 16:22
How can the anointing bring a man to this level of favour?
Ilorin House Fellowship