The most fundamental change to us as Believers in Jesus is that we have become
Children of God, and are thus translated from the kingdom of darkness into the
Kingdom of God by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is by grace and the love of God and we can not earn our salvation (John 3:16-17; Colossians 1:13; Eph. 2:8-22).
Further still, our Lord Jesus spoke about producing fruits-in relation to abiding in Him (see John 15:1-8) so that the Father may be glorified in us. The essence of our becoming children of God is that we may grow up to become like Jesus (1 John 3:1-3; Titus 2:14) in ALL things.
This study is about the Fruit of the Holy Spirit, as the evidence of the indwelling and abiding of the Holy Spirit of God in the life of the believer.
When a man born again (John 3:16; John 3:7), he is a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17). He is sealed by the Holy Spirit as a son to God (Acts 12:13; Romans 8:9, 14-16; Eph. 4:30). This experience is the beginning of the Christian life, as a birth into a life of victory over sin and witness in the power of the Holy Spirit.
This study is about the Baptism with the Holy Sprit, the Promise of God given by the Lord Jesus.
Main Texts: Acts 1:1-9; Acts 2:1-18; 38-39
1. What are the main events that happened in these passages above?
2. What was the evidence of the baptism with the Holy Spirit at Pentecost? Add on examples from other passages in the Scriptures.
3. How do we know that the Promise of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is for all believers and for us till this day, that is, not only for the apostles then? – (see also Acts 2:38-39)
4. Why do we need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit? (See also Acts 1:8; Acts 4:31; Romans 8:26-27)
5. How do we receive the Baptism in the Holy Ghost?
(A SEPARATE TIME IS TO BE DEDICATED TO MORE DETAILED TEACHING AND MINISTRATION FOR THOSE SEEKING THE BAPTISM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT )
Life Applications (Personal Meditation)
1. Have I been baptized by the Holy Spirit? What testimony do I have of that experience?
2. Do I really desire to be filled continually with the Holy Spirit? Why?
Am I willing to ask for a fresh filling with the Holy Spirit? (Ephesians 5:18)
Courtesy: CHRISTIAN HOUSE FELLOWSHIP, Ilorin, NIGERIA.