Matthew 13:7:: And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them.
Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mark 4(7:19, Luke 12:15-34; 1 John 2:15; Luke 12:15-34; Luke 10:38-42; 1 Titus 6:9; Proverbs 23:26; John 21:16-17; Matt. 11:28; 1 Peter 5:7)
- What do we understand by thorns that choke the word (Care of this world;
- Deceitfulness of riches)
- First Consideration:
a. The thorns sprang up; the thorns grew
b. Second Consideration: The thorns choked the word; The soil becomes unfruitful.
2. What is the place of these factors as they can contribute to thorns in our Christian walk:
Environment /Community Expectations; Friends; Family; Career/School; Habits/Hobbies; Possessions
3. How can we check our heart and lives for signs that the word is being choked out by thorns?
4. What steps can we take? (Luke 9:62; Hebrews 12:2; Jude 1:21 etc)
5. How can we as the body of Christ help each other?
* The cares of This world and deceitfulness of riches face Christians consistently in the walk with God
* What am I doing daily to make sure that I am seeking the Lord help to remove thorns in my life, no matter how small they may seem now.(Hagar the Egyptian maid seemed no threat to the plans of God for Abraham and his seed, but that “little” threat of Hagar and Ishmael has grown over the ages). Read 1 John 2 : 15
CHRISTIAN HOUSE FELLOWSHIP